Husum-Schwesing Concentration Camp Memorial
From 26 September to 29 December 1944, a satellite camp belonging to Neuengamme Concentration Camp was operated not far from the small town of Husum, where 2,500 camp prisoners were made to dig anti-tank trenches along the North Sea coast. Almost 300 prisoners died there in the space of three months. In 1987, the site was transformed into a memorial and place of remembrance. We are currently working on the detailed scientific specification and the design concept for an exhibition on the history of the satellite camp.
- Client: Stiftung Nordfriesland (North Frisian Foundation)
- Opens: 2016
Collaboration partner: Julia Werner
- Detailed scientific concept
- Design concept
- Implementation planning